Onyx Point, Inc, announced
today that its SIMP Product has been certified by CIS Benchmarks ™
to enforce the configuration status of Operating Systems against the consensus-based best practice standards contained within the following benchmarks:
- CIS Benchmark for CIS CentOS Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0, Level 1 Server
- CIS Benchmark for CIS CentOS Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0, Level 2 Server
- CIS Benchmark for CIS CentOS Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0, Level 1 Workstation
- CIS Benchmark for CIS CentOS Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0, Level 2 Workstation
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Linux 7 v2.1.0, Level 1 – Workstation Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Linux 7 v2.1.0, Level 2 – Workstation Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Linux 7 v2.1.0, Level 1 – Server Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Linux 7 v2.1.0, Level 2 – Server Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Red Hat Enterprise Linux v2.2.0, Level 1 – Workstation Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Red Hat Enterprise Linux v2.2.0, Level 2 – Workstation Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Red Hat Enterprise Linux v2.2.0, Level 1 – Server Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Red Hat Enterprise Linux v2.2.0, Level 2 – Server Profile
Organizations that leverage SIMP can now ensure that the configurations of their critical
assets align with the CIS Benchmarks consensus-based practice
SIMP is a unified security and compliance product that contains enforcement, remediation, and reporting capabilities for Linux and Windows. SIMP can drive configuration management systems such as Puppet as well as report on your infrastructure via a web user interface.
This certification is issued by CIS ® (Center for Internet Security, Inc.)
“Cybersecurity challenges are mounting daily, which makes the need for
standard configurations imperative. By certifying its product with CIS,
Onyx Point, Inc has demonstrated its commitment to actively solve the
foundational problem of ensuring standard configurations are used
throughout a given enterprise,” said Curtis Dukes, CIS Executive Vice
President of Security Best Practices & Automation Group.
† When running the Enterprise or Lite editions, at least version 1.0.0 of the simp_cis_profiles module, enforcing the
cis:el7:v2.2.0 SCE profile, and with the exceptions documented under the modules’s README.md
CIS® (Center for Internet Security) is a forward-thinking, non-profit entity that harnesses the power of a global IT community to safeguard private and public organizations against cybersecurity threats. CIS Controls™ and CIS Benchmarks™ are the global standard and recognized best practices for securing IT systems and data against the most pervasive attacks. These proven guidelines are continuously refined and verified by a volunteer, global community of experienced IT professionals. CIS is home to the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center® (MS-ISAC®), the go-to resource for cyber threat prevention, protection, response, and recovery for U.S. State, local, tribal, and territorial government entities. To learn more, visit CISecurity.org or follow CIS on Twitter: @CISecurity.
What are some of the biggest buzzwords in the Data Analytics industry today? Big Data, data mining, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT), or Actionable Insights may have been a few that crossed your mind. Let’s not get started with “cyber” buzzwords.
You may already use tools that revolve around one or more of these technologies. What about utilizing all these technologies seamlessly together?
Onyx Point, Inc. today announced that it has become a CIS SecureSuite member. Through this membership, Onyx Point, Inc. is further bolstering its cybersecurity defenses by leveraging CIS SecureSuite resources that include CIS Benchmarks, consensus-based, internationally recognized security configuration resources, including CIS-CAT Pro, and CIS Controls, a set of cyber practices, developed by experts around the world, to stop today’s most pervasive and dangerous cyber attacks.