Onyx Point, Inc. is pleased to announce that the final release for SIMP 6.4.0-0 is now available.
Community Edition ISOs can be downloaded from our download servers.
Enterprise customers can obtain the Enterprise Edition ISOs using the instructions.
Recently, we performed an analysis of the NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 in
relation to basic container environments.
We are pleased to present the results of this analysis in a paper entitled
Container Guidance for Federal Information Systems.
(IBM - Boulder, CO) “We chose SIMP Enterprise Edition (EE) to provide multi-tenant
compliance enforcement for our federal customers. As an existing
Puppet Enterprise (PE) environment, deploying SIMP was an easy
decision. Our teams found added value in our project through an
extended on-site engagement with Puppet Partner, Onyx Point, Inc.
Not only did SIMP EE provide an important solution, but the Partner
was also able to upgrade our PE environment and integrate CloudBolt.
The added expertise and ease of support throughout this project is
what makes us continue to invest in SIMP within our infrastructure.”
KRISTOPHER A. FRANKLIN
Technical Delivery Manager - Infrastructure Automation
Managed Services & Cloud Solutions
SIMP Console 1.0 Available
Today marks a benchmark for SIMP products as we are excited to announce the availability of SIMP Console 1.0.0.!
The SIMP Console provides insight into your system’s continuous compliance posture and integrates data from the SIMP Compliance Engine to visualize the state of your Puppet-applied module parameters.
Out of the box, SIMP Console includes:
- Support for ingesting XCCDF(SCAP) results from a number of scanning engines
- Integration with SIMP Compliance Engine (SCE) to provide puppet oriented context information
- Reports generated in XLS, HTML, and PDF format
- Notification system for forwarding results to Email and Slack
- A client side scanning utility that automates scanning and collection for console feed
- Integration with AD, LDAP, and Google Authentication
- Full Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and delegation of privileges by assigning users specific roles on a subset of nodes
- A fully featured plugin system to access/create notification services, scan types, custom reports, and authentication backends
SIMP Console Beta 0.20.0 Available
We are proud to announce the availability of SIMP Console 0.20.0. This version of the SIMP Console marks the first release containing report generation capabilities. This initial subsystem only supports scap_result reporting in HTML, PDF, and XLSX, but has the capability to be extended to other reporting formats in subsequent releases, and even is part of our plugin API so customers can write their own report generators.