To celebrate #FOSSFeb, we’ve created a list of some of our favorite Open Source projects to use and hack on. Here it is,
Onyx Point’s Upstream/Downstream Thumbs Up: 2017
- Puppet – and just about everything in its ecosystem
- Beaker – Part of the Puppet ecosystem, but with potential to grow beyond it
- Gitlab – Source code hosting and integrated CI in a box, with an open and responsive community
- Consul – Highly consistent data storage, service discovery, and lock management.
- Vagrant – We use vagrant to make it easy to do automated testing on real operating systems
- oVirt – Free VMWare-like virtualization platform with flexibility
- libvirt – main component of oVirt
- Open Project
- Only Office
We continue to support open source initiatives and rely on these solutions regularly. What are your favorite open source projects? Remember to shout them out and show them love all through the month of #FOSSFeb.
About Onyx Point
At Onyx Point, our engineers focus on Security, System Administration, Automation, Dataflow, and DevOps consulting for government and commercial clients. We offer professional services for Puppet, RedHat, SIMP, NiFi, GitLab, and the other solutions in place that keep your systems running securely and efficiently. We offer Open Source Software support and Engineering and Consulting services through GSA IT Schedule 70. As open source contributors and advocates, we encourage the use of FOSS products in Government as part of an overarching IT Efficiencies plan to reduce ongoing IT expenditures attributed to software licensing. Our support and contributions to open source, are just one of our many guiding principles
- Customer First.
- Security in All We Do.
- Pursue Innovation with Integrity.
- Communicate Openly and Respectfully.
- Offer Your Talents, and Appreciate the Talents of Others
Share this story